Special Events at Kanaha
Special Events at Kanaha:
there are many regular sporting and cultural events that use Kanaha Beach and share the parking and access with regular users. During these times additional access is often needed and alternate access points are used to relocate users to prevent overlap and relieve congestion.
- Butterfly Effect (Sup, kayak, canoe, wind, paddle, beach activities, concert)
- Mai-tai Event (Wind, kite, beach activities, parties)
- Larry Libres Fishing tournament (dive, fish, contest)
- OluKai Ho’olaule’a Race (Sup, OC1, Prone paddleboard race, beach concerts and cultural activities)
- Outrigger Canoe racing (Canoe racing events)
- Birthdays (birthday parties, jump castles tents bbq etc.)
- Beach Clean Ups
- Demo days, Naish Cabrinha (land and water based activity for local companies)
- Fishing Contests
- Summer Pals (water based activities for local keiki)
- Paddle IMUA (charity paddle event)
- Adventure Sports Sup race
- Naish paddleboard race
- SUP Maliko training runs – Imagine (sports training events).
- Maui Race Series – Windsurf (local racing and state titles. Weekly through summer, beach activity and on water race course set up).
- Hawaii State Slalom Championships (windsurf, water/land)
- Photo Shoots (near shore, and in water, and helicopter photo shoots for local businesses, including film and television, and magazines).
- Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Association (HSCA) Hana to Kanaha race
- US Nationals – windsurf
- Maui paddle championships – sup
- Kids summer Ocean Camps
- High School summer sports (wind, paddle etc)